- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer, mobile or tablet when accessing certain web pages, applications or platforms that allow them to recognize their users.
Cookies are currently essential for the operation of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability.
Cookies help tailor websites, applications or platforms to your personal needs.
Cookies cannot harm your computer. On the other hand, having them enabled can help identify and resolve errors, as well as improve user navigability.
Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s browsing preferences or equipment.
The specific uses we make of these technologies are described below.
- What cookies do we use?
- We use own cookies that we send to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by us and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- We use third-party cookies (e.g. cookies from Facebook, Google, Twitter…) used by external companies, social networks or external content plugins (e.g. Google Maps). They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain of a third party entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- We use technical cookies that are strictly necessary for the user to access and browse www.srenergia.es.
Are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that are used to enable the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, manage the payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make an application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purpose of billing licenses of the software with which the service works (website, platform or application), count visits for the purpose of billing licenses of the software with which the service works (website, platform or application), manage the payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the request for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purpose of billing licenses of the software with which the service works (website, platform or application), use security features during navigation, store content for broadcasting videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image) or share content through social networks.
Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, as another element of design or “layout” of the service offered to the user, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform based on criteria such as the edited content, without collecting information from users for other purposes, such as personalizing that advertising content or other content.
These cookies do not require the user’s informed consent.
- We use preference or personalization cookies which are those that, processed by us or by third parties, allow us to remember information so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users.
For example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc.
These cookies may require the user’s informed consent if it is the user himself who chooses these features (for example, if he selects the language of a website by clicking on the flag icon of the corresponding country).
- We use analysis or measurement cookies which are those cookies that, processed by us or by third parties, allow us to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impact of advertisements.
The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements in the products or services offered based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
These cookies require the user’s informed consent.
- We use behavioral advertising cookies which are those that, processed by us or by third parties, store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows us to develop a specific profile of users’ browsing in order to show them advertising based on the same.
These cookies require the user’s informed consent.
Cookie retention time:
- We use session cookies which are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- We use persistent cookies which are those in which the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
This type of information obtained through cookies will not be communicated to third parties or used for unsolicited communications.
- How can our users manage the cookies we use?
If cookies are disabled or refused, some of the functions and/or services may not work properly.
The portal, application or platform does not exercise control over the websites displayed as a result of your search, links or accesses from our directory. These other websites may place their own cookies or solicit personal information from you.
- How can our users disable cookies in the main browsers?
It is usually possible to stop accepting browser cookies, or to stop accepting cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow tochange cookie settings.
These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- Firefox: Preferences -> Privacy & Security
- Chrome: Preferences -> Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy & Security
- Safari: Preferences -> Privacy.
- Opera: Settings -> Privacy and security.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode whereby cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on the browser, this private mode may have different names. Below you will find a list of the most common browsers and the different names of this “private mode”:
Internet Explorer 8 and higher – Private Browsing
Safari 2 and above – Private Browsing
Opera 10.5 and higher – Private Browsing
FireFox 3.5 and higher – Private Browsing
Google Chrome 10 and higher – Incognito
How can I disable third party cookies?
If you want to know the conditions of privacy and use of third party cookies, you can access the cookie policies of:
- Facebook: https://es-es.facebook.com/help/cookies
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Youtube: https://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out?trk=microsites-frontend_legal_cookie-policy
- Google: https://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/
What happens if I do not accept cookies from the website?
If the user does not allow the installation of cookies in your browser you may not be able to access some sections of our website.
- Are my data transferred internationally?
According to Articles 44 et seq. of the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), transfers based on an adequacy decision of the European Commission or if there are adequate safeguards through a legally binding and enforceable instrument between public authorities and bodies, or through binding corporate rules, or standard clauses adopted or approved by the Commission, or through codes of conduct or certification mechanisms will be lawful. Otherwise, the authorization of the competent Control Authority or, failing that, the explicit consent of the data subject or another of the cases set forth in art. 49 RGPD will be required.
We inform you that www.srenergia.es does not make international data transfers or does make international data transfers to GODADDY IBERIA S.L.U., based on (Commission adequacy decision, standard contractual clauses, etc.), for the purpose of managing the hosting or e-mail used by www.srenergia.es with an IP located in Europe and with the objective of repairing, restoring or performing updates to the contracted hosting services or makes international data transfers to PAYPAL OR OTHER PAYMENT SERVICES, based on the explicit consent that the user gives us in the Configuration Panel, in order to manage payments in the online store are payments protected by the security protocols established by these companies.
- Is my browsing profiled and are automated decisions made that may legally or significantly affect me?
We inform you that www.srenergia.es does not perform navigation profiling or make automated decisions that may legally or significantly affect you or does perform navigation profiling or make automated decisions that may legally or significantly affect you. In this case, the logic used for automated decision making with legal effects for users or significantly affecting them, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing for the user must be described.
- Is my sensitive data processed?
We inform you that www.srenergia.es does not process sensitive data or does process potentially sensitive data, based on the explicit consent given by the user in the Configuration Panel.